Our region is truly blessed to have best-of-class physicians, state-of-the-art facilities and family-like patient care close to home, but we must remember Hardin Memorial Health did not happen by accident. In the late 1940’s, visionary leaders advocated and raised money to build a small hospital to care for their small community.
Fast forward 60+ years and the need for advocacy and giving holds true as much as ever, if not more so, in today’s healthcare environment. This is why the HMH Foundation is committed to growing HMH.
Why a Foundation?
- HMH needs often exceed the budget.
- Breakthrough initiatives our region deserves often require significant capital.
- Strong healthcare systems like HMH have active foundations to support the system’s growth.
Why Give to HMH?
- A strong HMH is essential for the regional economy and fundamental to the growth of our community.
- HMH receives no tax revenue and today’s reimbursement models do not always cover patient cost.
- HMH provides millions of dollars in charity care to help people in our region ($5.6 million in FY 2016).
Who Will I Help?
- 1/10th of Kentucky’s population is served by Hardin Memorial Health.
- 400,000 residents across Central Kentucky are cared for at more than 50 HMH locations.
- The region includes Hardin, Breckinridge, Bullitt, Grayson, Green, Hart, LaRue, Meade, Nelson, and Taylor counties.
Can I Designate my Gift?
- Your gift, no matter the size, is tax-beneficial, long-lasting and high impact.
- Gifts can be designated per client interests and passions (ex. Cancer Care, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, grateful patient, etc.)
- Naming opportunities, designated gifts, scholarships and more are available.
Every dollar you invest goes to the HMH system via the projects the HMH Foundation Board approves.
Hardin Memorial Health pays all the HMH Foundation’s expenses including staff, so 100% of your donations will go directly to HMH projects and help patients across 10 counties.
How to Give
Whether it’s honoring a loved one, recognizing a valued HMH employee or helping to keep HMH strong for you, your children and grandchildren, the HMH Foundation provides several ways to donate.
- Traditional Gift: Mail your gift to Attn: Tracee Troutt, Chief Marketing and Development Officer, HMH Foundation, 913 North Dixie Avenue, Elizabethtown, KY 42701.
- Online Donation: Click here to donate through the website.
- Automatic Payroll Deduction: HMH employees can make automatic payroll deductions to accommodate their desired contribution. Click here to set up the deductions.
- Leave a Legacy: Your support to the health and wellbeing of this region can live on. If you’d like to discuss how the HMH Foundation can be incorporated into your estate plan, contact Tracee Troutt, Chief Marketing and Development Officer for HMH Foundation, today at email@example.com.