If you are interested in making bequests to the Hardin Memorial Health Foundation, please find suggested language to be included in your will or trust.
- Percentage bequest: This means that a person may designate a percentage of his or her estate to charity, and in this case, The Hardin Memorial Hospital Foundation. The advantage of the percentage bequest is that it enables the bequest to change as the value of the person’s assets change. The language that could be used would be as follows:
- “I give to the Hardin Memorial Hospital Foundation in Elizabethtown, Kentucky ___% of my residuary estate, for federal tax purposes, for the general purposes of the Hardin Memorial Hospital Foundation.”
- General or fixed dollar bequest: This allows a person to designate a specific sum of money to charity, in this case, the Hardin Memorial Hospital Foundation. By stating a specific dollar amount, the person knows exactly how much money will go to the Hardin Memorial Hospital Foundation. An example would be:
- “I give to the Hardin Memorial Hospital Foundation in Elizabethtown, Kentucky the sum of $___________ for its general purposes.”
- Contingent bequest: This refers to a bequest that is only met if your primary intention cannot be fulfilled. An example would be as follows:
- “If (name of beneficiary), does not survive me, then I give to the Hardin Memorial Hospital Foundation, in Elizabethtown, Kentucky, all of the rest, residue and remainder of my estate. (or a specific amount or even a percentage of the estate could be designated if the entire estate is not to go in this manner.)”
- Specific bequests for specific programs: If you would like to designate your bequest for a specific program at Hardin Memorial Hospital or if you are interested in establishing a fund that bears your name or the name of a loved one, then you would need to talk with any of the persons associated with the Hardin Memorial Hospital Foundation. For example, you may wish to designate that your bequest is used for equipment in the NICU Unit at Hardin Memorial Hospital or you may want to have it used in the Cancer Program at the hospital.
For questions related to a bequest to the Hardin Memorial Health Foundation, please contact Tracee Troutt, Chief Marketing & Development Officer, at 270-706-5535 or email@example.com.